Re: [SLUG] Re: I don't run Debian because it is a 14 CD "kitchen sink" distro ...

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 08:49:16 EST

Now this is not pointed at any one in particular, just my general feelings.

Debian at least to my experinces with there net install cd, was fast and
clean and did not try to install alot of packages off the bat. Using
the net install method, and selecting a standard install, Debian only
downloaded a nice desktop package included KDE and Gnome. Then you
simply just apt-get what you need.

I am more of the Slackware person. where a full install is only 2 cds
and is everything I would every need.