Re: [SLUG] Re: I don't run Debian because it is a 14 CD "kitchen sink" distro ...

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 09:47:10 EST

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 08:49, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Now this is not pointed at any one in particular, just my general feelings.
> Debian at least to my experinces with there net install cd, was fast and
> clean and did not try to install alot of packages off the bat. Using
> the net install method, and selecting a standard install, Debian only
> downloaded a nice desktop package included KDE and Gnome. Then you
> simply just apt-get what you need.
> I am more of the Slackware person. where a full install is only 2 cds
> and is everything I would every need.

My post was meant as a _joke_.

It was am example of what someone that tried to "compare and contrast"
Debian against Fedora if they didn't have much knowledge of Debian.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith@ieee.org
Beware of advocates who justify their preference not in terms of