Re: [SLUG] List Chaos.

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 09:51:19 EST

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 09:35, David Meyer wrote:
> 3. I will NEVER compare this distro to that distro.
> Why? Because I started out on Red Hat and SuSE, and
> over a year and a half moved to debian as I learned
> it. In either case, whatever Linux distro someone
> uses, they are still using Linux, which is good for
> all of us and that is what matters to me.

Oh God yes. The "versus" has gotta go.

People say it's "choice." Not if everyone states their preference in a
distro by analyzing it against another.

Especially when someone hasn't used the distro at all. Sorry to be a
broken record, but this is whole "uber-flammage" thread was a highlight
example.

I should have just dropped it, but I wanted to see "how far Chad would
go." Apparently, quite far.

David, you're a gentleman. I should aspire to be so humble and
restrained.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith@ieee.org
Beware of advocates who justify their preference not in terms of