[SLUG] Re: Sarasota SLUG Meeting Good News

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 22:03:33 EST

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 11:39, Amy R. Harms wrote:
> How about a screenplay about Linux? I am thinking a drama.
> The dramatic struggle of a lone penguin against a Goliath-type enemy,
> with a MS logo on its chest.

Wouldn't be accurate.

It would be a Goliath-type enemy who constantly beats up different kids.
Other kids watch, big and little, and conform.

Soon, a few kids get together.
They get beat up and nothing changes ... for awhile.

Soon enough kids get together, and even a few of the bigger ones.
Now the stage is set where it is today.

Linux isn't about the individual, it's about the community.
And at the heart is the choice of the individual to be in the community.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith@ieee.org
Beware of advocates who justify their preference not in terms of