Re: [SLUG] inappropriate behavior

From: John (nesredep@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 02:06:17 EST

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:44:04 -0500, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
> Just for the record:
>
> I find Bryan's continued character assassination and "since he stopped
> fighting, I can flame Chad in third person without worrying about
> retaliation" nonsense to be offensive and utterly inappropriate.

I too noticed this in posts after you guys buried the hatchet. In my
posts tonight I have studiously avoided mentioning you by name--that
piece of specific information isn't relevant.

Perhaps it was unintentional on his part. But I think BOTH of you
should forget about the other person and spend your time on discussing
"stuff", like what makes a distro. I completely agree, the
installation process is a big deal to me, and it can make me discard
one distro and embrace another--just because certain hardware is
detected, AND the correct software is installed.

I tried to make that point in my analogy with "color of installation
CD" but obviously my little analogy missed the mark.

John