[SLUG] Re: inappropriate behavior -- character assassination is self-inflicted

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 02:40:19 EST

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 01:44, Chad Perrin wrote:
> I find Bryan's continued character assassination

That's another rule I have for myself.

The second a person says I am guilty of "continued character
assassination," based on exactly what they said, failing to realize they
assassinated their own character, I will have nothing to do with them.

You assassinated your own character, just as I did mine.
Do not blame me for your own issues, as I do not blame you for mine.
But you feel sorry for yourself, and you blame me for it.

If you cannot constructively look at them, objectively, based on when
people compare my actions, your actions, our collective actions, then we
will not get past things. You would not lower that pride and ego
before, and I seriously doubt you will in the past.

I will not provide "negative re-enforcement" in this manner. I've seen
it before and I've learned. If someone's own pride leads them to battle
with another, that is of _their_own_ doing, not the other person's.
People talk of "baiting" -- yet do *I* complain of such? The irony is
absolute.

As such, when you stoop to the level of blaming me for your own
statements, I will have no such association with you. I will not take
the blame for your own statements if you will not fess up to them, as
people continue to focus on this. I'm not the only one here.

Until then, goodbye. Enjoy the peace. ;->

--
Bryan J. Smith                                 b.j.smith@ieee.org
Beware of advocates who justify their preference not in terms of