Re: [SLUG] Kodak Digital Camera

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 19:20:59 EST

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:26:32 -0500, Mike Branda <mike@wackyworld.tv> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 20:27, Chuck Hast wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:27:41 -0500 (EST), Eben King
> > <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> > > How are you going into it? camera browser/directory browser/text/?
> > Browser/directory
> >

> > > Can you mount the camera wherever (find its ID with "mount", umount it,
> > > mount it at any old place) and copy pictures off manually?
> >
> > Here is the response from 'mount'
> > kp4djt@rf-tool:~> mount
> > /dev/hda3 on / type reiserfs (rw,acl,user_xattr)
> > proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> > tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> > devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620,gid=5)
> > /dev/hda1 on /windows/C type ntfs
> > (ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,gid=100,umask=0002,nls=utf8)
> > /dev/hdc on /media/cdrecorder type subfs
> > (ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid,iocharset=utf8)
> > usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
> > kp4djt@rf-tool:~>
>
> Chuck, I don't know if you ever resolved this but I think the pseudo-
> scsi thought path people have been recommending is off on this one.
> Usually Firewire and USB HD's mount at /dev/sda or something similar but
> looking at your mount output the last line raises a flag in my mind.
>
> usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw).
>
> That probably doesn't leave you in a better place but it gives you
> something to maybe google for!! :^) If you haven't solved this yet
> I'll probably put some more effort into it with you since I run SuSE 9.1
> and will hopefully be getting a new digital from Santa for Christmas!!
> by now you may have just bought a card reader though....

Mike, thank you, I was thinking that it had something to that effect but
was not sure exactly what. I have been busy on other stuff, like getting
ready to do a "can you hear me now?" for the Sheriff here in Hillsborough
Co. I have probably 3 different readers floating around just would be nice
not to have to have one for the camera if I do not need it.

I am real happy with 9.1, though I have already had a Reisers FS failure,
took down the whole thing, not such a big deal though. I re-loaded it
and was not paying attention and set up Reisers again, I wanted to do
ext3 as I feel a lot more at home with it. I guess in order to do it I will have
to back everything up and re-load it making sure I set up ext3 rather than
Reiser.

Beyond that, I also have been putzing with the ax25 stuff, but the system
hangs and I have to do a hard reboot in order to recover (do not like that
particularly with Reiser....

I would suspect that there is a good bit of the ax25 stuff that has not been
re-done for 2.6.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;