hw_random error (was RE: [SLUG] reading CDs or DVDs in a writer)

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 16:29:28 EST

This reminds me of something else I see come up ... anyone know what the
module 'hw_random' is used for? The kernel responds during boot that RNG is
not available and then complains it can't install hw_random. No impact on
system performance.

Running Debian (upgraded from a Kanotix live CD)

Steven W. Buehler | steven@sanctuaryweb.org/swbuehler@yahoo.com
Home Page: http://www.sanctuaryweb.org | Music Page:
http://renaitre.iuma.com
AOL I/M: StevenBuehlerFL | Yahoo! Messenger: swbuehler | MSN/Windows