[SLUG] Samba as a PDC

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 16:32:44 EST

Anybody set up samba as a M$ Domain Controller yet?? I have a localnet
dns server set up and the Linux and Mac boxes are all good but Windows
wants the Primary Controller set up. I have read a few howto's and have
a working smb.conf that I am about ready to try. I just wanted to get a
heads up from anyone who has already done it that might have the scoop.
I already have a few samba servers doing file sharing only as part of a
"workgroup" so I'm familiar with samba. Just not the PDC aspect. Any
tricks to the profiles and user presets/permissions?? Can it be used
for auth only and not Desktop profiles and such??

Thanks in advance!!

Mike Branda Jr.