Re: [SLUG] VNC to remote machine

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 08:40:33 EST

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:07:42 -0500, Kwan Lowe <kwan@digitalhermit.com> wrote:
> Chuck Hast wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I have a remote machine I am VNC'ing to. When I hit it it starts up KDE, I want
> > it to start up Fluxbox. I have gone in and set up the root user to run
> > fluxbox rather
> > than kde, and when I log in locally and start up X it starts up
> > fluxbox, but when
> > I access it using VNC it starts up KDE. This is not a real fast
> > machine, fluxbox is
> > great, but KDE is a slug (no pun intended) .
> >
> > I am trying to figure out what needs to be whacked in order for fluxbox to come
> > up. I am using Knoppix as the distro. This is the xinit.rc file for root.
> >

> Look in your user .vnc directory for a file called vncstartup. It's
> similar to the xinit, but specifically for VNC.

I have looked for it, but it shines in it's absence. I have done this
in the past
and that is where I went to modify the window manager being called.

It appear that it is suppposed to look at the xinitrc file in the user
directory and
take it from there, but that is not happening either. It is looking
elsewhere and
starting up KDE.

--
Chuck Hast