Re: [SLUG] System sounds

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 22:52:05 EST

On Sunday 19 December 2004 09:23, Eric Jahn wrote:
> On Saturday 18 December 2004 11:45 pm, Bob Stia wrote:
> > Hello Sluggers,
> > Anyone have any ideas ?
>
> What happens when you crank up the volume (and turn off your input
> volumes in kmix) and run the built-in sound test in the KDE control
> panel->sound and multimedia->sound system->test sound? Just starting
> from the beginning of troubleshooting here...please bear with me!
> -Eric

Hello Eric, Thanks for replying.

OK, All volumes up. The test sound will play with all of the inputs
turned off. System Sounds, Play a sound does not however.

More info for you. May be relevant or not. Did some googling on the KDE
list. Under a thread about system sounds some people seem to think that
arts-1.3.2-3 is broken. ( that was upgraded with my KDE upgrade)I have
more info about what was said if you think that might be something.

Bob S.

PS Very patient with anybody who is trying to help me.