Re: [SLUG] WMNF interview request

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 21:58:15 EST

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:49:23 -0500, Mario Lombardo
<mario@alienscience.com> wrote:
> I saw Paul Foster, Henry W?, and I in a distribution for this request. I'm
> putting this out there for those of you that are readers and historical
> followers of the development of GNU/Linux. I don't feel up to snuff enough
> to pull this off, but I think there might be someone out there.
>
> Like, have you read "The Cathedral and The Bizarre," "Just For Fun," viewed
> "RevolutionOS?"

I confess I read those three books and that movie,
and everything on the Philosophy page
of gnu.org... But I believe there are people that know more than me.

> Do you keep up with Linux in business?
I skim LKML periodically, but not much recently.

> What's it like for the home desktop?
I'm not sure what this means.

> I imagine questions stemming from something like that. I
> have some ideas of who would be a good fit, but I wanted to throw a line to
> see who else we have
.
Maybe use two people?

> WMNF has an open-minded keen-sense listener base. This is a great opportunity
> to reach out to those people and speak openly about what GNU/Linux means.
> Talk it up. We haven't got much time. See below.

As I don't have a social life, Christmas Eve at 1PM or whatever is not
much of a problem, if nobody smarter is interested. :)

I know several free software hackers on the west coast of Canada, and
also about a dozen in Europe, if it comes to that... They're not
kernel people, or even KDE people, but they're still good bright
fellows.

--
"It was a lish young buy a broom that lead me astray"
     -- Shanneyganock, "A Lish Young Buy A Broom" (song)