[SLUG] fedora as a windows print server

From: Alex Harris (nccuss17@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 08:59:51 EST

Has anyone here set up fedora core as a print server for windows xp machines?

If so I'd be very interested in EXACTLY how you did it.

(I can get the fedora machine to print locally, or I can plug the
printer directly into the windows machine and have the windows machine
print. But I can't seem to get the windows machines to print to the
printer when it's pluged into the fedora machine, the windows machines
always freeze up on me).

specs:
print server: fedora core 3
clients: Windows XP w/ SP2
printer: hp deskjet 5150 (usb interface, color inkjet).