Re: [SLUG] fedora as a windows print server

From: Daniel Jarboe (daniel.jarboe@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 10:40:14 EST

Hi Alex!

> print. But I can't seem to get the windows machines to print to the
> printer when it's pluged into the fedora machine, the windows machines
> always freeze up on me).

There could be a number of problems, but if the windows client is
freezing up on you, then at the very least the client is having issues
running the print driver.

Did you install the printer driver locally on the windows machine or
are you using the point-n-print method with the print$ share?

Did you generate a device mode?

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/printing.html#id2576646

This additional step is necessary because the linux box cannot execute
the win32 code to generate the device mode itself.

~ Daniel