Re: [SLUG] hardware question - wah-wah/volume pedal to plug into serial port?

From: perthie (perthie@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 11:22:29 EST

You'll need to build something to convert the position of the pedal to
a serial data stream. This is easy to do with a parallel load shift
register (i'll look up the chip number later tonight if you wish),
analog-digital converter (another chip number), and a clock circuit
(555 timer).

It may also be possible to use the parallel port without a timer and
shift register, but im not very familiar with that port.

If I were in your position (pun intended), I think I'd just use a sound
card input and a signal generator on the input of the wah / volume
pedal.