Re: [SLUG] Data base help

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (tyler.v@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 23:42:45 EST

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:03:23 -0500, Eric A. Hicks
<lugmail@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm expecting many interesting response to my reply... but here goes..
>
> MS Excel has a row limit of 64,000. If you aren't going over that, then
> stick with Excel. If you are going over that, use MS Access. You can
> essentially use it like a spreadsheet, except you are limited to many,
> many more rows.. up to 4GB of data, if memory serves me correctly.

MS Access has a limit of 4 GB. I know from experience. One particular
experience to be exact, and one need only make that kind of mistake
once.

OpenOffice should be including a relational database in the next major
version, or so I've heard. Rumors are saying it's heavily Cloudscape
based.