[SLUG] Minutes of Tampa SLUG, stardate 20050208

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 00:01:36 EST

On a cool February evening in peaceful Slugadonia, the gentile folks
of the Suncoast Linux User Group met with great glee and gusto in city
of Tampa to discuss matters of importance and interest.

To not deviate from previous minutes, I will first list those present:
* William the Scholar, a student of HCC.
* Pat Morris the Oracle.
* FreeBobSD Foxworth, archbishop of Detroit
* The Mysterious Macintosh Laptop Guy
* Captain Dave "Davedorm" Lowe.
* Cryin' Ryan the Terror of Michigan, fiend of Bacon
* James the Killer Miller, Queen of England.
* She Who Must Not Be Named, King of Spain
* Tall Yellow-Shirted Huy who I Can't Remember the Name of.
* Frank S.O.T.L., Seeker of Database Knowledge
* Alex Haggis of the Attorney General's Office.
* Father Russel "Rusty Muscles" Hires
* Sir Caleb, Knight of Slugadonia and Freedom, Dream Rider.
* Jim Lightfoot, Human Database. (sorry, best I can think of.)
* Mario the Virtual Martian spam hunter,
* Dylan Hardison, friend of squirrels, Jesus impersonator.
* The Umasked Jonathan.

I will now testify to that which I observed during the course of the meeting:

Having to find alternative methods to arrive at the meeting,
as your truely does not posses a car, and Mario and Leonard were
unable to offer myself a ride, I thought I was late. However, everyone
was still standing around outside, because doors of the Conference
Center were not opened.

It should be noted that somehow I arrived before Mario, though he was
not very late. Our leader, Mario, proceeded with introductions and
suchlike.
Let it be known that there were not many new faces; but many recurring faces.

The meeting place resembled a church, in a number of ways.

During the Q-and-A session, Jonathan (spelling?)
asked the group about umask and related issues,
and such things as /etc/profile, /etc/bashrc and ~/.bashrc were discussed.

Sometime during this, William the Scholar adjusted the Air
Conditioning temperature using a screwdriver (failing to do so) and
successfully
with a coat-hanger. Your author also played two games of tic-tac-toe
with William, both resulting in a tie, thus proving that both have the
mental capacity of a three year old.

James and I engaged in a sword fight with the two halves of the coat hanger
(which had broke in half somehow).

Pater Rusty at first was unable to give his presentation, because he
brought not a laptop nor his desktop, and there was no network access
(as par normal).
However, upon the arrival of Sir Caleb, and his sprint wireless sword
of Justice,
Father Hires was able to give his presentation.

Pat's harddrive has, since the last meeting, decided it is not going to die.

During the after-meeting gathering at Benigan's, the church of the
SubGenius was discussed. One is considering becoming an ordained
minister in it.

This email is long enough, so it shall end now.
If there is anything, or anyone, that I forgot to mention, please feel
free to bring it up in a reply. If not, make up stuff that didn't
happen.