Re: [SLUG] Proposed New SLUG Site

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 10:03:45 EST

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Russell Hires wrote:

> I've presented to three different SLUG meetings a proposed new SLUG
> website that I've built using the current site's content, and a Content
> Management System (CMS) called Plone (see http://www.plone.org/ for
> details) built on top of a web application server/development
> environment called Zope (see http://www.zope.org/ for more information
> about that).
>
> So...if you want to see what's been developed, have a look at
> http://www.village-smurf.com:8080/Test_SLUG

Looks nice. Thanks for the presentation in Brandon.

Nits:

I don't know if it's just me, but I have to magnify the whole thing to 300%
to make the text a decent size. To put that in perspective, my default
magnification is 200% so this is 1.5x as big as that. The frames stay put,
which is a good thing. I guess they're defined as percent of width, not
pixel count?

Um, DistroWatch isn't a distribution. I guess it would be a
meta-distribution.

You probably don't need to expand GLUE in January 1999 (History) since you
expanded it in August 1997.

In May 1999, you have the expansion of COLUG first and the acronym in
parentheses. I think I like that better than the way you do it the other
times, with the acronym first and then the expansion in parentheses.

Is that banner at the bottom ("Plone and its visual design"...) mandatory?

I didn't have any technical problem with the site. Nice work. I'm using
Opera 7.51.

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Derived from Robert Heinlein