Re: Now: SpamAssassin and Evolution Was: [SLUG] Spam Lotto

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 00:59:00 EST

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:18:54PM -0500, Logan Tygart wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 22:29 -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:

<snip>

> I receive about the same volume of legitmate, daily email that you do.

I should have stipulated that 80% of the mail I get is spam, not
legitimate email.

<snip>

> Then again, I am inordinately careful in how I use my email address and
> there may be a wee touch of Irish luck. Your mileage may vary. Of
> course, if you post to the Debian lists, as I have been known to
> occasionally do, you will enjoy the whims of 419ers and lottery
> scammers.

Yeah. My email _addresses_ are all over a dozen websites, and I've been
on the Debian lists before for months at a time. I'm a spam magnet!
(Actually, I made the mistake years ago of setting up my main email
address under my company's domain, and used it for both business and
personal purposes. If I'd known then what I know now, I wouldn't have
done it that way.)

Paul