[SLUG] Changing to root

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 14:28:17 EST

Hi Everybody!

Working on my website I would like to copy text from open office write
to the Mambo editor on my host server but mozilla won't allow it unless
I change some files. One of the files to be changed is root access only.
I know the root username and password but it doesn't seem to give me an
opportunity to put it in anywhere.

I tried to open the file in a konquerer window but that won't let me
change the permissions of the offending file unless I am root, but won't
let me become root. What the heck?

I could log in to start as root, but then I would be on the web as root
which is asking for trouble they tell me. You have to be connected to
get a crack at the stuff (lines and lines of text) they want you to feed
in. I had it all done and then couldn't save it. Can't paste it anywhere
because you have to change the permissions first. The file I have to
change is user.js. The other one was prefs.js, it was easy enough
because it wasn't read only.

Regards,

Pete