Re: [SLUG] x window tk script to run from cron

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 16:40:13 EST

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Here's a shot in the dark. Check and see if you have a file either in
> the root directory or your home directory called .Xauthority. It has
> something to do with X security, but I don't know how it works. It's
> just a direction to look in.

I think it works like this:

Any user who wants to use the X server must have the same key in
~/.Xauthority that the user who started the X server does. So, if Alice is
running an X server and Bob wishes to display something on it,
~alice/.Xauthority must be copied to ~bob . I could be totally off base on
this...

CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person...
but you know they're lying.  If I were you, I'd lock my doors and
windows and never never never never leave my house again.  -- Weird Al