Re: [SLUG] Debain X Problem

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 16:40:40 EDT

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 16:15 -0400, Jesse Broecker wrote:
> I just recently replaced my fedora core install with a debian one
> because my roommate uses the same and it makes easier learning if we
> use the same. However my video card wasn˙t listed in the installer
> (nvidia geforce2 I think) and when I try to run X the screen blinks a
> couple times and gives me an error message.

Just to get you video working for now, could you try selecting the
generic vesa video driver? Then later you can work on getting the exact
module loaded for your nvidia geforce2.

Nice roommate: he has you switch to his distro and then takes off! :)

As far as the Zaurus, this should get you on the right path:
http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=Linux
http://www.zaurususergroup.org/

It looks like Qtopia Desktop does it all with respect to syncing.

--
-The Ghost of Jim Varney