[SLUG] Debain X Problem

From: Jesse Broecker (jbroecker@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 16:15:17 EDT

I just recently replaced my fedora core install with a debian one because my
roommate uses the same and it makes easier learning if we use the same.
However my video card wasn’t listed in the installer (nvidia geforce2 I
think) and when I try to run X the screen blinks a couple times and gives me
an error message. I don’t have the exact message because I can’t email from
linux yet and am doing the dual boot thing. The message says that it cannot
start X due to some sort of graphical problem. Can anyone help me thanks in
advance.

Also I have a Zaurus SL-5500 and am wondering if there is linux based
software for synching with it?

Lastly I’m not sure if linux is properly detecting all my hardware, I am
running a pretty advanced system athalon xp processor a gig of ram audigy 2
sound card etc. I could use any help or suggestions for getting the best
out of my linux install.

Jesse