[SLUG] Subversion Question #2

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 12:08:41 EDT

Next thing on subversion. I just killed the central subversion
repository and created a new one with:

svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs /home/paulf/svn

So now, I'm going around importing projects. Like this:

cd /home/paulf/src
svn import payroll file:///home/paulf/svn/payroll

All appears to go okay. So I kill the payroll directory and:

cd /home/paulf/src
svn checkout file:///home/paulf/svn/payroll payroll

And a copy checks out as expected. Everything okay.

According to the Svnbook, I would expect the svn repository to have
subdirectories for each project. But they're not there. Even if I make
these subdirectories myself (manually), nothing goes in there. Moreover,
when I import and checkout the projects, each successive project gets an
incremented project number, one series for all projects. Instead of a
separate series of revision numbers for each project. In fact, in
looking through all the files in the repository, I don't see a single
file that even contains the names of my projects inside.

I'm still reading the Svnbook, but if anyone has an answer to why this
is, please let me know.

Paul