[SLUG] Funnies with logoutd

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 19:35:12 EDT

Folks,
Went to log into a machine that I use as a packet switch I got some weird
messages and noticed that there was a error message on 'logoutd' in the
start up screens. I went and looked at it, it is S20logoutd in the rc5.d file
it is pointed to logoutd in /etc/init.d
logoutd in that directory was a empty file, logoutd is suppose to handle
functions dealing with login timeout and other things. I am trying to figure
out what happened to it, in the mean time I have tried to get a new file
but to no avail.
I tried apt-get and also went in and looked on the cd... It is nowhere to
be found. Any ideas? I am running Knoppix, I think this is 3.3 on this
machine.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;