Re: [SLUG] [Fwd: [NF] Is Linux for Losers]

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 10:40:51 EDT

Levi Bard wrote:

>I read this a few days ago.
>
>It lost all credibility at this point: "BSD powers two of the best
>operating systems in the world--Solaris from Sun Microsystems..."

Lyons takes the most provocative quotes, and his research.... let's just
say he couldn't work for me. Here's a more reasoned article -- after we
interviewed Linus about BSD, NewsForge obviously interviewed some high
profile BSD people:

http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/06/09/2132233&tid=152&tid=8&tid=2

Unlike the Forbes yammer, this didn't get submitted to Slashdot or
linked all over the place. I am an idiot, trying to run a sane, fair,
and truthful news site. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Better to just
be inflammatory and stupid.
There's more popularlity and money in it.

- Robin