Re: [SLUG] simple suse question

From: Bill Shaw (bill.shaw@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 09:57:56 EDT

> Also, I saw in YAST another option. It is called Install and Remove
> Software. I have tried it
> before but it looks for the cd. Is there a way to make it look for web
> site or a folder?
>
> William

Here's a good guide for adding sources to YAST. If the link does't work
correctly it's post #10 in the thread. Also the thread was created for
9.1but you could try modifying the links in the first post for
9.3. However when I tried this after installing 9.3 I kept getting errors
that they were locked and I couldn't add the sources to YAST. I don't know
if there's other sources that can be used. When I was using 9.1 this worked
great and I just removed the CD sources.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?postid=1302321#post1302321