Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} cpu speed and bios limitations

From: Andrew Barber (tuorum@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 18:56:42 EDT

Check for BIOS updates from the manufacturer. If the
FSB is set via jumpers,you may be able to "force" the
system to the frequency you need, but it is not
necessarily safe to do it.

Also, some of the CPUs may require an adapter to work
in the systems. Check this one out:
http://www.hardwarecooling.com/product_info.php/products_id/199

I was looking at updating a friend's emachines Celeron
500 and found the info re: the adapter out on the web.

Andy