Re: [SLUG] Printer woes.

From: Mike Branda (realraccoon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 18:29:28 EDT

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 14:47 -0400, michael hast wrote:
> Okay, here it is. I have an Epson Stylus R200 that prints cd's. It
> will print on paper under CUPS, but not cd's, without being creative.
> There are drivers (Gutenprint) on surgeforce.com--I think--that are
> supposed to make it print cd's through the Gimp. As of yet, I am unable
> to get the plug to work right.

What doesn't work about gutenprint?? My understanding of the statement
at the end is that the gutenprint driver/tools add a new media size
"Print to CD" for you to be able to use via GIMP or whatever. Not just
a gimp plugin.

<snips from site>

Gutenprint, formerly named Gimp-Print, is a suite of printer drivers
that may be used with most common UNIX print spooling systems,
including CUPS, lpr, LPRng, or others.

The package has been renamed in order to clearly distinguish it from
the GIMP. While this package started out as the Print plugin for the
GIMP, it has expanded into a collection of general purpose printer
drivers, and the Print plugin for the GIMP is now only a small (but
important) piece of the package.

</snip>

Did you get the "gutenprint" package halfway down the page or the
old "gimp-print" one??

Does it not compile?? Can you select it as the driver??
What's not going right? It looks like this is the answer to your need
and I would focus my attention on getting this to work right.

HTH!!

Mike Branda Jr.