Re: [SLUG] OT: booting Mac]

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 20:19:27 EDT

On pre OSX version of Systemworks by symantech they have had the
tendency to mess up permissions of files that he corrected. Mainly
because HFS+ orginally was not a journaled fs with permissions but a
simply overlay they had done when they were working on osx. So
previous Classic OSes 9.0 and later could read the OSX disk. ( 8.0
-8.6 which had hfs+ support did not support long file names) which is
one of the reasons xpostfacto needs os 9.0 to function correctly.

But I just do both to play it on the safe side.