Re: [SLUG] hardware issue

From: Alex Harris (nccuss17@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 21:09:46 EDT

I've now tried rebooting without the ram, and then with the ram
reseated, I reseated the video card, I've pushed the power button to
drain all power when unplugged with the battery removed, and I removed
all the cards except the video (had a firewire and a ide raid in it).

results: The fans go the remaining hard drive spins up, and the heat
sink get's warm after about two minutes (with the processor fan
going), but still no beep and nothing on the monitor.

The motherboard is a K7S5A mainboard by ECS

note: when plugged in the computer's onboard ethernet does activate
(see the lights for it on the ethernet switch).