Re: [SLUG] Anyone work for a Linux

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 20:25:41 EDT

> Now I orderd 500 Ubuntu disk fro the whole bay area. since it was a
> large order they had to call me and I told thme why i was ordering so
> many. They said they are going to rush them out so we should have
> them by SFD... Hopefully I will have them by the first of sept so it
> give me time to get them out .

I emailed several distros yesterday with no response yet (Mepis customer
service forwarded my email to speed up response).
I just hope we end up with more than 15 sets to give out. That is what
I have now.

I suggest that we hold off any more publicizing [as I have already done
some] until we receive sufficient handouts.

We can maybe make up a couple of posters for BAM (Books-A-Million) to
put up around 10-1.