Re: [SLUG] Were we dissed?

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 08:52:06 EDT

> I was one of the last to leave, she had scolded me even before I left
> about cleaning the table. I had purchased a mocha something-or-other and
> a water and I am very sure I put both the containers in the trash, hell,
> she had just scolded me about it. I did not, however, run around and
> find a towel to clean the table as though I was on Latitude whatever's
> payroll for heaven's sake. Is this what I was supposed to do - clean the
> tables as though I worked there?

I spent $5+ for a small pastry and a small container of processed orange
juice. I tipped a bit, too.

Latitude 23.5 (which is not the latitude at which this yup joint is
located) is expensive and not very good.

At least Metro, where the SSLUG things seem to happen, serves beer and
wine, has pleasant entertainment (which means my wife is more likely to
come with me), and has employees who are semi-polite although still in
the Starbucks-style semi-haughty way common in places that are priced
for owners of million-dollar Sarasota homes that are really worth $150,000.

All Latitude 23.5 offers is free wireless. Aren't their any nicer places
in the area that do, too?

- Robin