Re: [SLUG] Were we dissed?

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 14:37:46 EDT

Robert Snyder wrote:
> On 8/17/05, Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 02:06:20AM -0400, Pete Theisen wrote:
>>

>>>Were we dissed? Should we be dissed, do we somehow deserve this?
>>
>>Did anyone ask her precisely what she wanted you folks to do? Did anyone
>>go to the management and complain about her behavior?
>
> Paul,
>
> The lady was on Pete's case because he moved a circular table over by
> the large table we had revserved. and while the tabel was clean he
> did not move it back. I before I left which was the last person to
> leave mad sure everything was in its place.

Hi Wee Robbie!

Oh, perhaps this is the explanation. I never thought to move it back,
and it didn't occur to me as she scolded since she kept scolding me
about it being clean but never mentioned "moved back".

Friendly Ice Cream on 41 just south of Clark/Stickney Point hosts our
Car Club every third Saturday. They have a wonderful menu selection, but
they have no wifi, or at least the afternoon manager didn't know what
wifi was last night.

I called Friendly today and the manager said he hasn't set up wifi
because he has been afraid it would interfere with his corporate
satellite link. I think they are probably on a different frequency :-)
Friendly IC is very good to the car club.

I was wondering if Discount Computer would set up a hot spot for our
meeting, they are only a little ways away from Friendly - well within
range for a good antenna. Discount Computer has been heavy into Linux in
the past. They had one tech a while ago, Adam, who was just about full
time working on Slackware, but he has left to be a programmer. I called
Discount and the guy there, "Al", said that Panera across the street
already has wifi.

I called Panera, they have breads, sandwiches, lattes and the like. The
lady on the phone said they could host us on a 2 or 3 day notice. They
are at 6589 South Trail, this is in the mall at the Gulf Gate, Stickney
Point and 41 nexus. They would provide an extension cord to the table
and the wifi covers the whole dining room, which seats 135. What do you
all think, should we try Panera?

Regards,

Pete