Re: [SLUG] SuSE 9.3 perfidious connections

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 08:48:13 EDT

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 08:03 am, Chuck Hast wrote:

> When I first installed 9.3, it came up and found my gateway and pulled
> the DNS addresses into resolv.conf, this appeared to be fixed, as I could
> re-boot and it was still getting all of the pertinent data.
>
> Last weekend I had to go do a demo at the County EOC, I fire up my
> laptop into Linux and no connection, resolv.conf was empty, and there
> was not a gateway found in the routes. So I have to go in and manually
> add this stuff.

Is something like this what you are looking for?
Divine uses ARP requests to probe the current network
and reconfigures networking based on its findings.

Divine is intended for laptop users or people who use their
machines in different networks all the time. It is meant to
be run from the PCMCIA network initialization scripts.

For more information see: http://www.fefe.de/divine/

Jeff