Re: [SLUG] Evolution to Exchange

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 08:49:13 EDT

On 8/22/05, John Pugh <jpugh@novell.com> wrote:
> sorry...should have included a link...
>
> ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/evolution-snapshot/

> <4309D3DC.F7AB.00C7.0@novell.com>,
> jpugh@NOVELL.COM wrote:
> > it's an add- on and called "ximian- connector"
> >
> > groupwise is included
> >
> > JP

> > <607720EC- 5AD0- 4226- 8978- 77E638792FC9@gmail.com>,
> swbuehler@gmail.com
> > wrote:

> understand

> > exchange.
> >>
> >> I thought that as of Evolution 2.0 it was built- in without the
> need
> >
> >> for a separate package.

Chee,,, that was easier than setting up Outlook to do the same thing!!
I had to go out and get a certificate as a separate piece totally outside
of the setup of Outlook. Evolution only darkened a entry when I gave
the address as started with https.

Now the only problem is that it does not appear to be pulling down the
address info on the other users of our network. Under Outlook I can
do a lookup of the name and it will return the proper address, or just
a partial name and ^k will get me the full name or a dropdown of names.

I assume that I need to do something else but not sure what.

Calander works, and appears all else works, looks really good.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;