Re: [SLUG] wifi card driver

From: botteman (botteman@knology.net)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 00:53:13 EDT

Paul M Foster wrote:

> Not if Xandros has a later kernel available. I don't know how Xandros
> does it, but you might see if you have Synaptic installed. If so, check
> and see if a later kernel is available. But if it recommends something
> later than you have, you'll have to upgrade.

Don't have Synaptic available or installed. I added "Debian unsupported
site" to my "application sources" list in Xandros Networks and cannot
find a later kernel available. This is, after only Xandros 2.0 .

I've checked further and discovered why the 'make' command didn't
work... I didn't have sharutils installed. After getting sharutils,
the 'make' successfully completed. So it's off I go towards
compiling the madwifi driver. I'll be back shortly with more
questions, no doubt. Thanks, so far.

Dave