Re: [SLUG] US Robotics set up

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 12:20:59 EDT

> Thanks for asking the questions but I was thinking of suggestions as to how
> to copy the file when I made the posting and ask the question. Not in how
> to set up the modem drivers as I had assumed that that question would only
> be applicable is copying the file which should be rather straight forward
> was not successful.
>

> Thanks
> Frank
If the the two computers are not physically identical, copying files may not
work. I got better results trying to get it to work by deleting the
configuration I was trying to make work and starting clean.
The ISP I was trying to connect to said to use fixed DNS numbers. When I went
thru XANDROS dial-up configuration dialog it did not give me a place to put
DNS numbers in, but I connected first try without them.
I went back to SUSE 9.3 - deleted my old tries - configured without DNS
numbers and it worked.

                                    Richard Smoot