Re: [SLUG] Marketing

From: Bill Shaw (bill.shaw@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 20:09:35 EDT

> Ugh. That kind of thinking is disturbing. I rarely get second calls for
> "cleaning" Windows boxes (probably because I give them such a hard time
> the first visit ;)

It's only disturbing if you think I was being serious. Education certainly
is key but you can't tell me you've never had one person tell you "I don't
care what the problem is...I just want it fixed" or something to that
effect. If it's someone you're doing a favor for then they don't get help
until they're willing to listen. If they're paying it's their choice. The
vast majority of people don't think like the people here. They know they
bought a Dell and it's not performing well. They don't know(or care like
above) that the problem is caused by security flaws in IE.