[SLUG] books/ref. material

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 23:15:03 EDT

    What books would you gents recomend to someone who feels like they
are hitting a wall on their way to getting deep? I've been playing with
Linux for about seven months, and bugging you guys with my newbie
problems for about that long, too. I've grown a lot in that time and
learned a lot, too. All my friends esteem me as some kind of hacker, if
you want a good laugh. It's about time that I need something bound to
read instead of trying to soak up as much as I can on Google.
    I want to learn how to run NFS and Samba as well as the emulators.
I would like to better familiarize myself with root commands and the
basics of programming. I want to be able to build my own distro. So, I
think I'll be picking up a copy of Knoppix Hacks, and I wondered what
everyone else would recomend taking some time with. I plan on picking
up several books that I can absorb right off the bat, and hang on to for
reference guides, and as I read them, I anticipate getting more as well.
Thank you.
Michael