Re: [SLUG] LAN

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 15:35:39 EDT

Neat ideas! The media stuff sounds a little bandwidth hungry--especially
when it is competing with your other network services. What speed is
your network infrastructure and how does it handle the load? Have you
discovered any ways to use the bandwidth more efficiently?

I have done some similar things with out issue. Now I find streaming
mpg2 files via 802.1b to really pushing the limits of the limited
bandwith format, I have yet to have problems with 802.11g

As for the other things it goes based on the theory of not all services
will be using the network bandwith at the same time. Typical
overscription idea that has been in use since the early days of the
Telephone system.