Re: [SLUG] Now: Road Runner dial up Was:People PC

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 14:41:17 EDT

> > I know Road Runner does, but I haven't figured out the sequence to log in
> > from Linux yet. It dials up fine, but then I'm at some prompt with no clue
> > how to proceed.

I believe that Road Runner's dial-up service piggyback's on
CompuServe's network, so there is an initial code that the Road Runner
dial-up sends to request the appropriate login prompt (same way you
used to have to do with CompuServe terminal dial-up years ago). It is
possible to script it and it's nothing incredibly fancy. I've only
used the RR dial-up once or twice since I have a dial-up account with
AT&T Global Network as part of my job.