Re: [SLUG] Sony, Rootkits and DRM

From: Mavrick (icebergwaltz@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 08:39:30 EST

On 11/2/05, Robert Snyder <res03q8w@gte.net> wrote:

> I am talking about the eula that is on my cd that clearly does not have
> that line. Sysinternals has also gone over the eula that is presented
> when you put in the cd into the computer and it does not mention
> installing software.

My apologies. I thought (and IMO correctly) that this thread was related to
the article referenced at the top of the string. In that article is a link
to the EULA. It is this EULA that I read and quoted. If one scrolls down to
the comments at the end of the article one will see a number of comments by
readers, and at one point (around 10/31 I believe) and will note that
Sysinternals modified their EULA (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm). The rest of the
list does not have the CD to which you were refering and therefore did not
have the exact verbage that you were looking that. Please keep that in mind.

next time you use yellow highlighting in a message that I will end up
> reading my foot will go right up your (fill in the blank). it hurts my
> eyes and inconsiderite too.

FYI: I simply cut/pasted the quote from the EULA. The yellow highlighting
was the author's, not mine. And as for the physical threats, please don't.
It only makes you sound *more* childish than you already do. If you insist
on continuing, then I'll just have to meet you on the playground after
school :P

Maverick