Re: [SLUG] linux / windows

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 16:34:33 EST

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
I am sure there is a story of everything going smooth for every horror
story out there. I am a boat builder for a living, computer nut for a
hobby. There is a guy at work that I went to clean up his computer from
spyware and viruses almost every month. I put him off until Brighthouse
cut off his e-mail because he was a spambot. I wiped his drive and put
Ubuntu on his machine, spent about 2 hours getting him set up and
comfortable with Ubuntu. That was almost 8 months ago, I was back once
because he deleted some settings (a quick fix). He is tickled pink with
Ubuntu.

I guess it all boils down to individual hardware (my laptop is a
nightmare but my server and desktop is a no-brainer)

my $.02

Joe Brandt
100% Microsoft free and loving it.