Re: [SLUG] Sony Part III

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 15:15:01 EST

There has been a whole lot of crap flying around sony and what they were
doing was right wrong or otherwise stupid. Personally for me the word
is stupid.

Here are my ideas for making music profitable once again.

Throw away CDs they suck and offer substandard sound for the modern
music experience.

Release Dolby Digital 7.1 tracks for enjoyment of all which would mean
DVD-Audio

Release iTunes-Linux, itunes needs a nix support for the simple fact of
offering a DRM music offering. I belive that while there are other
music services that apple has the model with the most momentium. Apple
is on top of the MP3 market. While I have seen more geeky mp3 players
like the Archos that even plays Divx files way before there was a ipod
video, the bottom line is that the apple ipod is the Xerox and Jello and
IBM of the MP3 world you either have a ipod or one of those knock offs.
(not saying that the others are not good as I have a Dell DJ that was
given to me as a late birthday present but not as nice as my ipod mini.)

Lower the price of a cd. or if it was my way dvd-audio disc my music
disc should not cost more than a DVD Movie!!!

Stop with all the ridiculous lawsuites as you are simply not going to
win any. You might con a few people into paying but the people that
fight you in court will win. (Notice how the RIAA and MPAA are using
DirectTV type tactics and they are facing the same fate as DTV, lots a
lawsuits just not the first one won. And no I am not counting OJ as
they for once had evidence of pirating)

Let the consumers sample the music no matter how much you fight it the
simple fact is that during the age of napster cd sales were at a all
time high. Napster allowed people try new music from bands they have
never heard of before and it caused an upsell in cds. The music
industry knows this and just simply does not want to admit that we are
right and they are wrong.

Oh by the way, 93.3 wflz MJ morning show has re-released all 3 crotchy
old man prank call cds for download in non-drm mp3 format for the low
price of 9.88 for all 3 cds. With the artist saying you bought them and
you can do anything you want with them. ( a true man of vision)

"Wee" Robby Snyder