Re: [SLUG] Windon't Q's.

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 15:56:38 EST

Doug Koobs wrote:

>michael hast said:
> I've read somewhere that you can control a Winder's box through
>

>>vnc on a Linux box.
>>

>Michael,
>
>You can also user rdesktop, a Linux RDP client, to connect to the native RDP
>service, also known as Terminal Services, on Windows NT/2000/2003/XP.
>
>http://www.rdesktop.org/
>
>Doug

Thanks, Doug!

    I think I really like this option. Currently, I'm trying to make it
work. I downloaded rdesktop from sourceforge, extracted it, did my
./configure, make, and make install. Now, I'm trying to figure out how
to run the silly program. Should I be able to find it in my K menu
somewhere, or is it one of those deals that I have to start from a
terminal? Have you personally used this app? From the stuff I read on
it, it looks like the direction I want to go, but I'm still a little
rusty on this stuff. I've been spending a lot of time with the point
and click stuff, and installations, but not so much on this kind of
stuff. If you have any tips or anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

./Michael :-)