Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 00:48:57 EST

On 11/30/05, Robert Snyder <res03q8w@gte.net> wrote:

> Pete has the new unlimited plan uses no minutes

Ahh, they have included the IS-95 slow speed connection in it. There used to be
a hidden caviate that if you had to fall back to IS-95 they were going
to bill you for it even though you were paying the 79.95 for all you could eat,
but it had to be 1xRT or higher... (that was always well hidden, I recall when
I did the ConEd coverage study back 2 years ago, ConEd was very clear in
that they did not want ANY of that coverage, we were not to accept any IS-95
coverage.

When I did the coverage study for the HCSO, we found no drops from 1xRT to
IS-95. We did not do EVDO because the card that Verizon used for that service
was still in beta and we could not get the RF environment data out of it. So we
used the product that handled 1xRT, that was what HCSO was interested in
anyhow as back in Feb the only EVDO was down town Tampa and the airport.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;