Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: petetheisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 05:15:49 EST

Robert Snyder wrote:
<snip>
>> I have the air card + Verizon national service working on Linux. I
>> still haven't got the output to the hub, but it is a couple of weeks
>> yet. Of course it is really, really slow. :-(
>
> it shouldnt be. It all depends on your card and which network it is
> connecting

Hi Wee Robby!

I think I am on 100-200. They claim it will be faster EVDO in Sarasota
next year and my card will be compatible with it.

Tampa has EVDO now, people in Anna Maria, Terra Ceia and the like can
hit the Tampa towers on a good day. It is a V620 something or other,
cost $160 if anyone thinks they would like one, service is $60/month.

Putting the speed in perspective, 257 emails took 6 minutes tonight. My
own website loads in 40 seconds, about 5 seconds at home on fast DSL,
maybe 15 seconds in my office on slow DSL. <http://pete-theisen.com/>

Regards,

Pete