Re: [SLUG] EBay and Linux

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 21:10:39 EST

> Not quite.
>
> That may be the case for buyers but *sellers* that are using IE get
> content that is a little different than sellers using other browsers.
> I don't remember the exactly specifics (my dad sells on eBay, not I)
> but I believe it had something to do with choosing categories and/or
> uploading pictures. However, one can still sell things on eBay without
> IE. The interface is just slightly different.
>
> Anyway, my dad uses a Linux box exclusively for all his eBay
> buying/selling and I've yet to get a "My box is broken" phone call
> from him regarding Linux and eBay. He uses Firefox and Epiphany.
>
> -Jonathon

I have had no trouble buying or selling on ebay ever. I'm using Debian
3.1 w/kernel2.6, and I've used browsers Firefox, Konquorer, Opera,
Epiphany, and Dillo. It gets a little quirky in Dillo, but what website
doesn't?

--
--Michael Hast  (the evyl robot)
Always remember that too much pot spoils the cook, and if you have nothing to say at all, don't say anything nice.