Re: [SLUG] Debian

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 14:35:05 EST

On Thursday 29 December 2005 10:02 am, Ken Elliott wrote:
> >>BY THE WAY DON"T BITCH THAT YOU PAID CHEAP CHARLIE FOR A COMPLETE
>
> FUNCTIONAL CAR AND DID"T GET ONE.
>
> Perhaps I am misreading your message.... But.... It seems like Charlie GAVE
> you a FREE car, and you don't know how to install a stereo in it, and are
> complaining to Charlie's friends that Charlie should have put it in for
> you. On the surface, it doesn't seem like this approach is a good way to
> get help from Charlie's friends.
>
> Is your point that commercial distos need improvement, and easy
> installation? I agree. I also see that it has greatly improved.

Try it this way then.

You go to a junk yard where they give away parts - all good excellent car
parts. There are parts of ever sort such that you can build an infinite
number of different cars. All you have to do is put it together.

Now since you do not have the expertise to do that you walk across the street
to cheap charlie who will procede to go across the street, get the required
parts, return and then build your car. You purchase a car.

Your car is finished, you pick it up and start driving down the street and
suddenly find you have no breaks.

Now who is at fault that you have no breaks? Is it you, the manufacture, the
vendor of the parts to the manufacture? Recall you purchased a car,
completely fully assembled and operational.

The vendor of the parts to the manufacture? How could this be the parts were
given to the manufacture free, as is and without warranty?

Or could it possible be the manufacture who did a very sloppy job of assemble,
did not test critical systems, and did not supply what the client bought?

See a lot of people here refuse to accept the reality that Red Hat, SuSE, &
Mandrake are selling commercial software and that all three are public
companies with stockholders. It matters not where they got their source of
labor to do the manufacturing; how much they paid the labors, or what the
labor as do. That is all on the manufacture side of the supply equation.

It likewise matters not where the manufacture got it source of raw material or
how much was pad for it. That too is on the supply side [to the manufacture]
equation.

All that matters in a sale of product is that the manufacture offers a product
for sale and that some one purchases it. That is what you do when you go to a
store and buy anything. The store gives you goods; you give the store money.
Along with that transaction goes two implied guarantees. First the store
demands [and the law too for that matter] that you give the store real money.
Stores get most pissed when you obtain goods by fraud. The is that the store
[manufacture] gives you a quality product. Passing off inferior goods is just
as much fraud as passing of passing off bad money.

Money was paid for a quality product. That product was not delivered. That is
fraud. It is just as much fraud and illegal when Microsoft does it as when
Red Hat, SuSE, and Mandrake do it.

Now do you understand.

SOTL